Thursday, June 11, 2009

Novel Synthesis..♥

The connection that I found with the Novel "My Sister's Keeper" and the poem "Not Waving but Drowning" is that things are not always as they seem. In the poem "Not Waving but Drowning" it talks about how this guy was swimming and he was too far out, his heart ended up stopping and he passed on. He was waving his arms about, people thought he was waving but he was actually on the verge of death, drowning. In the novel "My Sister's Keeper" this girl named Anna is a genetic donor for her sister Kate. She had been since she was a little girl. Everyone assumes that Anna is happy with helping her sister, I mean she is saving her life. But really on the inside Anna is sick and tired of it. She is tired of only being paid attention to when her sister is in need. "I'm sick and tired but I'm not f*****g sick enough for this family" Things are not always as they seem and sometimes we have to pay extra attention, read between the lines and find out what is underneath in order to get what is really going on. In order to really understand the situation on a different level. Who knows it may save a life or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment