Thursday, May 21, 2009

I once dreamed about...

Sleeping, I like. Its probably the only part of the day that you are actually told to go and do nothing, and have a good time at it to. "Have a good sleep...", wow, don't mind if I do, "Go to bed.." , Okay, is this really a punishment? The only thing that I think I dislike about sleeping is the dreams. Sure, there are some good dreams. Like winning the million dollar lottery, or getting prince charming. However, dreaming is not always so peachy. There are bad dreams as well as good ones. Sometimes the bad outdoes the good.
I once dreamed about, it even scares me to say it, but I had a dream about losing all the people I loved at the same time. They were actually on a plane on there way to see me, why? I couldn't tell you. My whole family from my loving parents, to favorite aunts and uncles, to my grandparents and my very best friends and cousins. Everything didn't make sense to me because it was a whole plane full of my family members, both dead and alive. Their faces were full of smiles and they were laughing like there was no tomorrow, which in this dream... there wasn't. I could see them perfectly, as if i was on the plane with them. They were all speaking of how proud they were of me and how they couldn't wait to see me graduate. Then it happened...
There was a beeping noise, the plane started shaking. Oxygen masks were falling left and right. "Passengers, please don't panic. Were just hitting a bit of a rough patch," even the captain didn't sound to sure of the situation. By this time I could swear that I was tossing and turning in my bed, whimpering like a scared puppy. The plane started going down, it wasn't like in the movies or in real life when it goes down fast and in a second its over. It was like a slow-motion plane crash. Like the person who controls dreams wanted me to see my family dying. The faces of my family went from being so happy and ecstatic to deathly scared and sad. All the girls crying, all the guys trying to be strong about it. I couldn't take it anymore, I just wanted to get up and make it all disappear, wake from this terrible nightmare. Just as the plane was taking its last breaths before explosion, my whole family said "We l♥ve you Savie, and we will miss you!!" They were saying it like they have been practicing, like this was a movie and my worst fear was the plot. They died. The funeral was huge and hard to go through. Burying all the people I loved at one time was harsh, and I hope that I reality I never have to do it.
Finally, I woke up. Eyes full of tears, heart full of sorrow. Thanking god, (and I'm not even the christian type) that it was all a dream. Thanking him for sparing my family's life. That day I woke up I literally held each member of my family for ten minutes each. Dreams will come and go, but family is forever and I'm thankful that this nightmarish dream, in the end, brought me closer to my family. Officially the worst dream ever. I go to sleep every night, praying that it won't occur again.

No comments:

Post a Comment